Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Review of the Semester

I absolutely loved this. It was one of my favorites this semester. Unfortunately this semester was a pretty difficult one so I wasn't able to focus on the class like I would have hoped. But I still had a lot of fun. Having walked into the class not really knowing anything about fairytales I'm very glad that I had the opportunity to learn so much. I was even able to bring my knowledge into my other classes. For instance, in my Cinema class, I wrote a paper using a lot of what I learned throughout the year. (As you can see, I tend to mention Cinema a lot in this blog too.) And I'm even in ASL, so it was interesting to have the ASL department come into class and do a bit of storytime. I really enjoyed that.


I think I had to most difficulty with Aanre and Thompson Classifications, just because they seemed so weird for me and I'm not great with memorization. But I loved listening to how the different cultures around the world use fairytales and folktales. I also liked to analyze the tales. That was amazing. It's strange to think about how there is so much more that you can take out of the stories. I really liked this class and would definitely recommend it to any literature or arts major.

No comments:

Post a Comment